CRU postgraduate course: Camelid Reproduction and Reproductive Biotechnologies, 2 ECTS
Welcome to the postgraduate course Camelid Reproduction and Reproductive Biotechnologies, arranged by CRU in collaboration with SLU's Graduate School for Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences (GS-VMAS).
Preliminary programme will be posted here shortly.
Course date: May 20-24, 2019
Location: SLU, Uppsala
After completing the course the student shall be able to:
- Describe the reproductive tract of camelids and how it compares with other domestic livestock
- Explain the effect of season on reproductive patterns
- Describe the challenges of working with reproduction in camelids
- Discuss the various reproductive biotechnologies that have been used in camelids and comment on their practical applications
- Explain how reproductive biotechnologies could be used to improve living standards and relieve poverty in developing countries
The course will consist of a series of lectures, practicals and exercises. We also hope to visit an alpaca farm near Uppsala during the course.
Admitted to a postgraduate program in animal science, biology, veterinary medicine, food science, nutrition, nursing, or related subjects, or to a residency program in veterinary science.
Information and application: www.slu.se/gs-vmas-courses
Course leader: Jane Morrell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for application: Will be updated shortly.