When you use your SLU email account, you should always sign your messages with SLU’s official email signature. Together, we send thousands of emails each day, and it is important that the sender follows a standard and seems trustworthy. It should also be easy for the recipient to find your contact information and see that you work at SLU.
Keep in mind:
- Your email signature is a quality stamp that verifies your role at SLU and provides contact information. It is important that it is uniform and recognizable to allow your email to be distinguished from spam.
- What you write in the email is probably what you want to be read. Therefore, the signature is part of the framing, which must not take focus from the content or act as an advertisement.
- If you have additional contact information, such as a Twitter address or a link to the website for your unit, fill in the text at the bottom, above the logo.
- You can create several signatures if, for example, you need one signature in Swedish and one in English.
- Tips for department etc: Choose an organisational affiliation that is relevant to the person you are communicating with. The fewer the clearer, maximum two.
Creating your email signature
The easiest way to create your signature in your email application is to copy one of the examples below, paste it into your email programme (Outlook or other). If you cannot find the settings, search for "signature" in your email software. Make sure to change to your own contact information.
Staff, doctoral students and guest researchers
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
PO Box 1234, SE-123 45 CITY
Visiting address: Examplestreet 1
Phone: +46 123-45 67 89, Mobile: +46 70-123 45 67
When writing an email, use this font (set as the default font for your email):
Font: Arial regular
Size: 9 points