Information for researchers
This researcher support page lists links to webpages with information for researchers at SLU.
The page is administrated by the university's web team, with information collected from the staff web and from SLU's external web.
If important information is missing, or if you find broken links, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the content of the specific pages, please contact the page editor for each page!
Archiving of research materials | Communication and marketing | Data management| Data protection and personal data | Doctoral education | Ethical questions | Funding and finances | Geographical IT | Information retrieval | Infrastructure | Language support | Legal questions | Patents and commercialisation of research results | Publishing | Research careers | Researcher mobility | Social life / Cultural exchange | Statistics support | Provide the proper SLU address when publishing
Archiving of research materials
- Manual for managing research material, with quick reference guides and more.
- Records and archives management
- Manage, archive and publish research and environmental assessment data
Communication and marketing
Data management (Research data and data from environmental assessment)
- SLU Data Management Support (DMS). DMS is a unit at the SLU University Library that assists SLU employees with data management, e.g. data management plans, data publishing, long-term preservation and archiving.
- Bioinformatics: SLU Bioinformatics Infrastructure
Data protection and personal data
- Read about data protection at SLU and the requirements for processing personal data.
Doctoral education at SLU : doctoral degree outcomes, rules, regulations, guidelines and contact persons.
- Animal experimentation at SLU In Swedish only
- Scientific misconduct and plagiarism, see Research misconduct
- Ethical review: animals (Swedish Board of Agriculture)
- Ethical review: humans (Swedish Ethical Review Authority)
Funding and finances
- Current calls for research funding (internal and external)
- Financial administration at SLU
- Research funding; Calls for proposals, consulting, general assistance with applications and contracts, etc
- Status reports on project finances
Consultations, software assistance, courses etc: GIS support
Courses and seminars on information retrieval, competitive intelligence, etc.: Library, research support.
- Research infrastructure and e-infrastructure for research (information)
- List of research infrastructure/facilities available at SLU
Find the SLU language policy and many useful tips and tools for writers on the language pages.
- Advice and support for contract management
- SLU’s guidelines on research misconduct
Patents and commercialisation of research results
Free assistance with questions related to cooperation with industry, patents, contracts, business law and financing: SLU Holding
The scientific publication process, open access, parallel publication, bibliometrics:
- How you enter SLU affiliation when publishing
- Visibilty of your publications
- Open access
- Register and publish in the SLU publication database, SLUpub
- Strategic publishing
- Find publications from SLU
- Archive and publish research and environmental assessment data
- Bibliometrics - background, scope of use etc.
- Guidelines for SLU publications
SLU’s career ladder, guidelines for admission of docent (reader/associate professor) and advancement.: Academic career (in Swedish)
- The research fellowship programme Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions
- Staff exchange as part of the programmes Erasmus and NordPlus
Social life / Cultural exchange
- Families for International Friendship. FIF is a voluntary, non-political organisation which arranges contacts between guest researchers at Uppsala University/SLU and the residents of Uppsala.
- Guidance in statistical and mathematical issues is provided for SLU employees by the Centre for Statistics.