Information for doctoral students and supervisors
This doctoral education portal lists links to webpages with information for doctoral students, supervisors or other staff working with doctoral education at SLU. The information is collected partly from different parts of the SLU staff web, but also to other webpages.
You can also find general information about doctoral education at SLU at the staff web.
Guidelines and objectives
Doctoral education at SLU is regulated by Swedish law, and also by guidelines decided by the SLU Vice-Chancellor. Here you will find guidelines, degree outcomes, and forms.
Introduction of new doctoral student
- Introduction of new doctoral students (recommendations to the departments).
- Practical information and advice for living and working in Sweden and at SLU.
- New as doctoral student?
Economy and employment
- Forms of financial support
- Travel grants and stipends
- Compensation for travels (Primula självservice)
- Health and parental insurance for scholarship PhD students
- Prolongation (see information from each faculty on the different faculty pages under this webpage ("Contact persons at the X-faculty")).
Doctoral education - content and prerequisites
- Doctoral programme - content and prerequisites
- Guidelines, regulations and degree outcomes
- Forms and checklists
- Doctoral education subjects and general study plans
- Doctoral student courses
- Research schools
- Individual study plan (ISP) 2017
- Doctoral student excerpt: performed courses, activity etc. (only in Swedish)
Advice and support
- PhD student councils - see their PhD student Handbook
- Practical information and advice for living and working in Sweden and at SLU
- Information from the Swedish Council for Higher Education about doctoral education
- PhD student commissoner (DO)
- Contact persons at the faculties
- Criteria for residence permit - Swedish Migration Agency
- N.B.: The doctoral student can't apply for residence permit before the the faculty board has decided to admit him/her
- Language support - Offers support in written and oral presentation, both drop-in and individual tutorials
- Guidance with designing experiments and statistical analyses- Centre for Statistics (Statistics@SLU)
- Guidance with designing experiments and statistical analyses - Unit for applied statistics and matemathics
Rights and obligations in doctoral education
Supervision - education and qualification
Publishing and communication
- The use of animals in research and education at SLU
- Ethical review - animals: Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Ethical review - humans: Central Ethical Review Board
- Scientific misconduct and plagiarism: SLU's guidelines on scientific misconduct
- Cheating and plagiarism
- CODEX - rules and guidelines for research