The SLU Board
The SLU Board has 15 members. Eight of them are appointed by the government, three are elected by the teacher/researcher electoral assembly, and three are appointed by the Joint Committee of Student Unions at SLU (Sluss). The vice-chancellor is also a board member. The members appointed by the government all have a professional background from other public authorities including higher education institutions, businesses and major organisations.
The current board took up office on 1 May 2020 and will serve for three years. The vice-chancellor's term of office expires on 30 June 2025. The Joint Committee of Student Unions at SLU appoints three student representatives whose term of office is normally two years.
Members appointed by the Swedish government
- Agronomist Rolf Brennerfelt (chair)
- Vice-Chancellor Maria Knutson Wedel
- Professor Per Cramér
- Executive Director Kristin Danielsen
- County Director Susanna Löfgren
- former County Governor Maria Norrfalk (deputy chair)
- Farmer Bengt Persson
- former Director-General Lena Söderberg
- Professor Yngvild Wasteson
Members elected by teaching staff and researchers
- Professor Lotta Berg
- Senior Lecturer Karin Hakelius
- Senior Lecturer Göran Spong
Members appointed by the student unions
- Clara Hernblom, Sluss chair
- Anja Pedersen, doctoral student
- Marie Petersson, 1st advisor, Sluss
The board generally has six meetings every year. Letters to the board should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting dates autumn 2021 and February 2022
- 28 September (Zoom)
- 10 November (Uppsala)
- 20 December (Uppsala)
- 18 February 2022 (Uppsala)
Depending on the coronavirus situation, the Uppsala meetings may take place on Zoom.