The SLU Board
The SLU Board has 15 members. Eight of them are appointed by the government, three are elected by the teacher/researcher electoral assembly, and three are appointed by the Joint Committee of Student Unions at SLU (Sluss). The vice-chancellor is also a board member. The members appointed by the government all have a professional background from other public authorities including higher education institutions, businesses and major organisations.
The current board took up office on 1 May 2023 and will serve for 17 months. The vice-chancellor's term of office expires on 30 June 2025. The Joint Committee of Student Unions at SLU appoints three student representatives whose term of office is normally two years.
Members appointed by the Swedish government
- Director-general Joakim Stymne (chair)
- Former Managing Director Hans Antonsson
- Professor Per Cramér
- Professor Karin Forsberg Nilsson
- Advisor Annika Nordgren Christensen
- Farmer Bengt Persson
- Former Managing Director Eva Pettersson
- Professor Ritva Toivonen
Members elected by teaching staff and researchers
- Professor Lotta Berg
- Senior Lecturer Ishi Buffam
- Senior Lecturer Göran Spong
Members appointed by the student unions
- Ida Segesten, Sluss chair
- Carl Lehto, doctoral student
- Clara Hernblom, 1st advisor, Sluss
The board generally has six meetings every year. Letters to the board should be sent to email@example.com.
Meeting dates 2023
The date for SLU's new board remains to be decided.