The Vice-Chancellor’s Office supplies varying types of support to SLU’s operations – everything from administrative support to the board and vice-chancellor to helping researchers apply for EU funding.
Read more about the five units that make up the Vice-Chancellor’s Office.
Archives, Information Governance and Records
- is responsible for rational and efficient information governance and records management at SLU;
- gives support and advice on the management of public documents, registration, preservation and appraisal;
- manages the central university archive;
- registers university documents.
The primary tasks of the Grants Office are to
- help researchers and administrators apply for external funding;
- develop and maintain SLU' systems and governing documents for external funding;
- provide administrative support for managers of projects funded by the EU;
- support SLU's strategic work with the European Union's programmes and institutions.
- is responsible for legal issues at SLU;
- provides legal support to the university management and the operation;
- decides on secrecy and distribution of public documents;
- advises on administrative law, higher education legislation, contract law and copyright law;
- functions as secretary on the university’s disciplinary board and the staff disciplinary board;
- ensures that SLU complies with all legal provisions on data protection;
- performs risk analyses and impact assessments when personal data needs to be processed;
- manages the register of personal data processing at SLU;
- offers support and advice on matters relating to integrity, personal data and data protection.
The secretariat is tasked with supporting the university management and the board by, for example:
- Giving secretarial support to vice-chancellors, pro vice-chancellors and the head of university administration.
- Functioning as a secretariat for the vice-chancellor’s decision meetings (Reb) and the board.
- Establishing management’s delegations of authority.
There are also other functions:
- coordinates, supports and gives information on SLU-based research and education within the framework of SLU’s strategy regarding the Swedish government’s policy for global development;
- handles SLU’s national and international collaboration in varying bodies;
- coordinates support on issues regarding low-income countries.