Main target group
The target groups for this course are doctoral co- supervisors / presumtive main supervisors.
The course is equivalent to the "Docentkurs", except it is taught using distance learning technology, with three face-to-face meetings (2+2+2 days).
Aim of the course
The participants of this course develop knowledge and skills to obtain a platform to be able to work as professional doctoral supervisors at the university.
After finishing the course, participants should be able to:
- describe the organization and goals of doctoral education at SLU.
- explain the function of supervision in relation to the different phases of doctoral studies.
- discuss common ethical and legal issues related to supervision.
- compare and contrast the different roles of a supervisor and reflect upon one's own role from a diversity perspective.
- suggest possible solutions to commonly occurring conflicts in supervision.
- observe and analyze interaction between supervisor and supervisee.
- discuss what characterizes a professional, ethical and responsible, supervisor.
This course corresponds to 3 weeks of full-time work.
For admission to this course you must have completed “Teaching in higher education, basic course” or a similar course in teaching and learning. You must also have completed your doctoral education.
This course will be given in English.
Cost for this course: 3900 kr