AI can support you as an administrator in several ways:
Automation or RPA (Robotic Process Automation) can free up time by taking over all or parts of your simpler repetitive tasks using robotics and artificial intelligence. It is suitable for repetitive, administrative work that must be carried out based on clear rules and routines.
Above all, AI can become a "virtual assistant" for you and make it easier to:
- tag and find the right information
- compile information and documents from texts and emails
- facilitate the use of, for example, Word, Excel and Power Point
- quickly and easily search in complex manuals and regulations
- analyze data and provide data for different types of strategies
- produce visual material for, for example, recruitment fairs
- create/translate/adapt content to different languages and cultural contexts
- help to quickly and easily generate content (texts, images, video, news articles and blog posts, etc.
Custom chatbots can also free time by answering questions from students, teachers and other administrators regarding, for example:
- Study guidance
- Admission issues
- Student housing
- Regulations, handbooks, manuals and more
Finally, AI can support you in your administrative work. But it is also very important that you have knowledge of risks and limitations and how you can use AI in an ethical, responsible and inclusive way.
When you test new AI services, don't forget:
- Currently you often need to create private accounts to explore many of the new AI services on the market (and several cost money).
- Critical Thinking: Be aware that AI-generated material may contain inaccuracies, distortions, bias, and copyrighted material.
- Security awareness: Pay attention to security aspects when testing AI systems.
- Privacy Protection: Be careful about what information you share with AI to prevent the spread of sensitive and proprietary information.