Sending and receiving invoices
SLU can send and receive invoices in the following formats:
- e-invoices according to the standards PEPPOL BIS 5 A ver 2 (Svefaktura BIS 5A 2.0) and Svefaktura 1.0
- pdf file by email (for supplier invoices we can also receive tiff-files)
- hardcopy by post
NB. As of 1 April 2019, there is a legal requirement that all purchases in the public sector be invoiced by electronic invoice (e-invoice). You will find more information on the page Mandatory e-invoices in the public sector.
Sending invoices to SLU
Sending e-invoices to SLU
E-invoices to SLU should be sent via the Peppol network. SLU's Peppol ID is 0007:2021002817.
Use this address for all invoices to SLU:
SE-750 07 Uppsala
This address must always be included on the invoice.
Make sure the address field only contains the invoice address. The invoice reference should be entered in a separate field (see the section on invoice reference).
If, for some reason, you need to give the name of the person ordering the goods or service as part of the address, make sure the name is entered after the address. If the name of the person ordering is given before the address, this person, not SLU, is considered the addressee. This means that the invoice may not be paid. Instead, the person ordering will be personally responsible for ensuring payment.
- If there is an order number, starting with the letters PO (a purchasing order that has been issued by the Proceedo e-purchasing system), give this as the invoice reference.
- If there is no order number, instead state the invoice reference code of the person ordering the goods/service in the client reference field. An SLU invoice reference code consists of three digits and three letters, such as 123ABC.
- Only enter the reference code, no other text. For example, write "123ABC", not "Ref: 123ABC".
- The supplier needs to enter the reference in a separate field in their invoicing system. All invoicing systems have a field for client reference, and this is the field that should be used. That way, the reference will appear in the correct place on the invoice and it will be possible for the SLU invoicing system, to automatically identify the reference.
Types of invoices accepted by SLU
SLU can accept three types of invoice. As of 1 April 2019, there is a legal requirement that all purchases in the public sector be invoiced by e-invoice. When this provision comes into effect, SLU suppliers can only use option 1 when invoicing SLU for purchases. Please note that this is already a requirement for SLU procurements.
SLU can receive e-invoices in the format PEPPOL BIS Billing 3.0, PEPPOL BIS 5 A ver 2 (Svefaktura BIS 5A 2.0) or Svefaktura 1.0.
There are four ways for suppliers to send invoices in the "Svefaktura" format to SLU. Click the link Sending e-invoices to SLU to open a document with more information.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
NB. As of 1 April 2019, there is a legal requirement that all purchases in the public sector be invoiced by electronic invoice (e-invoice). When this provision comes into effect, SLU suppliers must send invoices electronically when invoicing SLU for purchases.
Email invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the invoice has arrived, a receipt will be sent to the sender's email address.
Important information about invoices sent by email:
- The invoice should be attached to the email and the file format must be either pdf or tiff.
- One invoice = one attachment.
- Any appendices to the invoice must be included in the same file as the invoice itself. Each attached file will be interpreted as one invoice.
- Any information in the body of the email will not be read. This process is entirely automatic and the inbox is not monitored by a human. For support and if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Payment forms via Proceedo
These forms can only be used for in-house transactions.
All "payment via Proceedo" forms (see the page forms - in Swedish only, contact your financial administrator if you want help), including any appendices, can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that the form and any appendices must be sent as one file.
NB. As of 1 April 2019, there is a legal requirement all purchases in the public sector be invoiced by electronic invoice (e-invoice). When this provision comes into effect, SLU suppliers must send invoices electronically when invoicing SLU for purchases.
Hardcopy invoices should be sent to the SLU invoice address (see above).
The invoices will be sent to a scanning service, and the scanned copies will then be forwarded to SLU.
Sending invoices from SLU
SLU can send invoices in three different ways:
- Electronic invoices in the format PEPPOL BIS 5 A ver 2 (Svefaktura BIS 5A 2.0) or Svefaktura 1.0
- A pdf file by email
- Hardcopy by post
If a customer want to receive e-invoice they must contact email@example.com.