The 2023 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings were the fifth to be carried out, covering a total of 1591 higher education institutions from 112 countries/regions.
For each sustainable development goal, several criteria have been defined. Higher education institutions are awarded points based on the documentation they submit, showing the extent to which they have fulfilled those criteria.
SLU is taking part for the second time and our Environment Unit coordinated the reporting. This time, SLU chose eight of the goals for assessment. An institution’s total rank is based on its three best goals and goal 17, Partnerships for the Goals.
SLU’s 2023 results for the individual SDGs:
- Zero Hunger (goal 2), ranked 13.
- Gender Equality (goal 5), ranked 101–200.
- Affordable and Clean Energy (goal 7), ranked 201–300.
- Responsible Consumption and Production (goal 12), ranked 91.
- Climate Action (goal 13), ranked 29.
- Life Below Water (goal 14), ranked 39.
- Life on Land (goal 15), ranked 100.
- Partnerships for the Goals (goal 17), ranked 301–400.
Of the Swedish higher education institutions included in this year’s ranking, SLU ranked 2nd, after the KTH Royal Institute of Technology. For goal 13, Climate Action, SLU is the top ranked university in Sweden.