City: Hybrid: Live in Uppsala and digital webinar
Location: Room L, entrance via Ulls Hus, Campus Ultuna, Uppsala
Organiser: SLU Future Food & SLU Plant Protection Network
Last signup date: 15 May 2023
Price: Free of charge
Organisers and contacts
- The conference is hosted by the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), and held in Sal L, with entrance via Ulls Hus at Campus Ultuna, located 7 kilometres south of Uppsala city in Sweden. The address is Almas Allé 8, Uppsala.
- Participants schedule and book their own travels.
- The local bus ”UL” line (green) No. 4, as well as regional bus (yellow) No. 100 and 101, operates on the road between the Central station in Uppsala to the bus stop“Campus Ultuna”. Download the UL-app on App Store or Google play to see time tables and purchase a ticket.
- If you rather prefer taxi we recommend Uppsala Taxi, call + 46 (0)18-100 000 to book one.
- The event will be broadcasted as a webinar via Zoom and the link will be sent out some days before the event.
- Digital participatione is eco-friendly and convenient, but you will miss the all important networking (and Sweden in the month of May).
Resources and news
- International Day of Plant Health, 12 May
- SLU Plant Protection Network
- SLU's news article on plant health and coming events on the topic
- SLU's press invitation about this and other events on plant health (Swedish)
- How SLU participates when Sweden holds the EU presidency
Further events on plant health
- Friday 2023-05-12 at 11:00–12:00 CET: SLU lunch webinar on the International Day of Plant Health discussing challenges for plant health in agriculture, horticulture and forestry.
- Wednesday 2023-05-24 at 9:00–12:00 CET: SLU side event to the conferense Crop protection futures in agriculture with speed talks and networking. For more information, see the programme below. For participation, please register on this web page.
- Thursday 2023-05-25 at 9:00–13:00 CET: SLU excursion to the research field site Lövsta and to Linnaeus' Hammarby, the summer house of Carl von Linnaeus built in 1762. For more information, see the programme below. For participation, please register on this web page.
- Monday 2023-05-29 at 09:30–15:00 CET: SLU live workshop on plant health from a plant breeding perspective. Workshop to be held in Höör on development and challenges to promote good plant health, including what the latest EU regulations mean. Furthermore, results from SLU Grogrund are presented, as well as future scouting and needs from the industry. In Swedish only.