Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the deadlines for submission of course booking requests?
The following deadlines apply to the different locations:
- No later than 15 May for the autumn semester
- No later than 15 November for the spring semester
- No later than 15 May for the study period 1
- No later than 15 August for the study period 2
- No later than 15 November for the study period 3
- No later than 15 January for the study period 4
Why does Alnarp have an own schedule template?
Alnarp has an own schedule template because they wanted re-exam dates in it. The re-exam dates are shown as "red" days in the schedule template and fall in a couple of times each semester.
Completing the schedule template is also done in a different way than in Uppsala/Umeå. For more information see the question "How do I complete the schedule template?".
How do I complete the schedule template?
Instructions for completing the schedule template are contained in the document. Please note: Only column headers are translated into English (in the column header tooltip). Please contact room booking service if you need help while completing the schedule template.
Completing the Alnarp-schedule template is done in a different way than in Uppsala/Umeå. The required fields in the schedule template (e.g. course name, application number, course code, etc.) are linked to predefined options that are shown in a drop-down list. Click the arrow located on the right side of each required field in the schedule template to get the list of options (see picture below). Select an option in the respective list.
Here are some useful tips when completing the schedule template (regardless of location):
You can find information about the semester dates on this page: https://student.slu.se/en/studies/the-admissions-unit/academic-calendar1/.
2-hour bookings during AM
Should be either 08.00-10.00 or 10.00-12.00.
Several sessions during the same day
If you need more rows for the same day in the schedule template just add one or more rows for that specific day. Do one of the following:
- To insert a single row, select the whole row above which you want to insert the new row. For example, if you want to insert a new row above row 25, select row 25 (click on the row number), right-click and choose "Insert".
- To insert multiple rows, select the rows above which you want to insert rows. Select the same number of rows as you want to insert. For example, to insert three new rows, you select three rows, right-click and choose "Insert".
How do I find a person's AD-username/signature?
For each lecture in the schedule template you should specify who is responsible for it. You do that by entering correct information in the column "AD-username or name". You can enter a person's first name and family name, but it is even better if you enter a specific person's AD-username. By doing so the entered data is automatically imported into the system which makes it easier for the room booking staff to get all the schedule data in the system. You will find a person's AD-username/signature in one of following two ways:
1. Go to following KronoX-page: http://kronox.slu.se/signaturer.jsp
2. Find the person's name in the signature list (the signatures are sorted alphabetically). Tip! Press Ctrl+F and then write the person's name in the search field. The AD-username/signature is found in the list.
1. Log in to SLU's KronoX-page
2. Enter "Advanced search" tab and write the person's name in the "Signature:" field.
3. The person's AD-username/signature is shown in the tooltip-window.
Where can I find a room's unique ID?
For each lecture in the schedule template you should request for the type of room for it. You do that by entering correct information in the column "Önskemål om typ av lokal och hjälpmedel". You can enter a room's name (e.g. Sal J), but it is even better if you enter a specific room's unique ID. By doing so the entered data is automatically imported into the system which makes it easier for the room booking staff to get all the schedule data in the system. You will find a room's unique ID in some of the room ID-lists below:
What is an appropriate name for my schedule file?
Before you submit your completed schedule template to SLU's room booking service it is a good idea to choose an appropriate name for your schedule file. Choose a file name with following format "Course code"-"Application number".xls (e.g. MX0124-20050.xls)
How do I know when the schedules are finalised by SLU's room booking service?
When room booking staff have finalised the schedules for current semester they will send a booking confirmation (by e-mail) to all people that have submitted the schedule. You are called on to check your schedule to verify that everything looks fine. If you find any errors in the schedule data please contact room booking service and specify which changes you would like to make.
Schedules have been finalised and confirmed. How do I make changes in my schedule?
Course booking requests are submitted to SLU's room booking service long before the start of the course. For that reason, the changes/updates in the schedule are very common. Basically, all changes in the schedule must be done by room booking service. You contact room booking service and specify which changes in the schedule you would like to make. But there is one exception and that is change of the lecture description. You can do that by yourself if you do like this:
Step 1: Login to SLU's KronoX-page
Step 2: Open the "Search bookings" tab
Step 3: Enter course name or course code in the "Course:" field
Step 4: Choose the course and press "Search bookings" button
Step 5: In the list that pops up check the box in front of optional booking moment and then press "Edit description" button
Step 6: Enter correct information in the column "Description" and then press "Save bookings" button
Step 7: Done!