Coordinator for Food and Cities wanted
SLU Urban Futures and SLU Future Food are looking for a coordinator who can run and develop the project Food and Cities.
SLU's four future platforms are tasked with identifying issues of high relevance for both society and research through interdisciplinary and collaborative research. One such important area is "food and city". Therefore, SLU Urban Futures and SLU Future Food are starting the project "Food and Cities" with the overall goals:
- To identify interdisciplinary knowledge gaps and research questions in the area of "food and city".
- To test a structure and method of working that we believe can promote the development of a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary network of researchers and teachers at SLU in the area of "food and city".
About the role
The coordinating role corresponds to 20% of a full time for 12 months and is financed by SLU Urban Futures and SLU Future Food together.
As coordinator you are responsible for:
- To establish a SLU-internal network of researchers and teachers, and students in the area of "food and city". The network must be multi-and / or interdisciplinary and reach over faculties.
- To organize, together with identified researchers and teachers, workshops or seminars to make a knowledge inventory of the area "food and city", with the further purpose of identifying knowledge gaps and new, interdisciplinary research issues or collaborative projects.
- Together with identified researchers, teachers and students, arrange workshops or seminars with non-academic actors, with the same purpose as above.
- To coordinate production and publication of two reports based on the knowledge inventory, one for internal and the other for external use.
- To coordinate any research applications sprung from this project.
Employment: Applicants must have their employment at SLU.
Location: Uppsala or Alnarp
Access: As soon as possible, but by agreement.
Apply: Welcome with your application by email to email@example.com no later than 28th Feb 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Josefin Wangel, program co-director SLU Urban Futures, firstname.lastname@example.org
Annsofie Wahlström, program director SLU Future Food, email@example.com