Location: Loftet banquet hall, Campus Ultuna
Organiser: SLU Future Food
Swenglish, i.e. both Swedish and English will be used.
- Limited number of places, but more opportunities will come on all of SLU's campuses
- All SLU students and SLU employees of all categories are warmly welcome to this workshop regardless of background, personal experiences and level of expertise
- We reserve the right to ensure that the number of participants is reasonably evenly distributed between different categories
- Registration page will be published later
- People from outside SLU are unfortunately not welcome on this occasion and will be removed from the registration list. We will perhaps arrange occasions when people from outside SLU are welcome. If you are interested in participating in such a workshop, please email SLU Future Food.
Before the workshop
- Take our quiz about your own views on meat
- Listen to episode 30 about the four futures for meat in the podcast series Feeding Your Mind from SLU Future Food (in Swedish, available where podcasts are available)
- If you have time: Listen to the eight episodes of the podcast series on meat made in the Meat the Four Futures project (in English, available where podcasts are available)
SLU Future Food is a platform for research and collaboration to develop knowledge, solutions and innovations aimed at ensuring that the entire food system is characterized by economic, ecological and social sustainability to overcome tomorrow's challenges. The research addresses both plants and animals, from the smallest molecules to global systems.
Meat the Four Futures is a project where we want to reduce the state of polarisation around livestock production and meat consumption, by communicating the evidence, engaging different perspectives in a podcast series (available where there are podcasts), developing a quiz, providing a discussion forum and leading discussions on four contrasting future scenarios: 1) intensive animal production, 2) alternative 'meat', 2) less but 'better' meat and 4) a plant-based future.