Now that summer is approaching, it's time to reflect on our spring work before we can enjoy a well-deserved break.
A lot has happened at the LTV Faculty during the spring.
- A faculty day with the theme "to make a difference!" was held at the beginning of the year.
- The quality work within the faculty's research and education continued according to the overall plan of SLU.
- The faculty board decided on strategic investments, such as allocating funds for announcements of positions as associate university lecturers and announcements of interdisciplinary and thematic research projects. Plans for an investment in several doctoral students at the faculty also took shape during the spring.
- The work approved by the faculty board to review the subject areas of the departments continued, both at the department level and within the faculty board.
- The departments got to know each other's organizational structures better, and operational dialogues between the departments and the faculty management were conducted.
- The faculty management also worked on a review of the research and education infrastructures funded by the faculty and which of these could be considered SLU infrastructures.
- The inauguration of new professors took place in Alnarp in May.
Within the campus development work, a lot happened during the spring.
- Western Node: The project's working group worked on summarising the workshop series from 2022. An architect started working on initial sketches that will be available later in 2023. The departments worked on economic impact analyses that will form the basis for future negotiations and decisions.
- Representatives from SLU participated in the design of the station area and the work on a modified overview plan led by Lomma municipality. The work on declaration of intent for campus development (Lomma municipality, Akademiska Hus, and SLU) also continued during the spring.
- Internally at SLU, we worked on the irrigation issue on campus to come up with a solution for the new plant assortments and ecological fields.
- SLU Division of Infrastructure, in collaboration with the faculty management, recruited a new roomplanner for Alnarp who will lead the Western Node project.
- The work on digitalisation continued, both within the “Nät 2.0”-project and in initiatives such as the implementation of digital classroom exams in Alnarp.
There were also a lot of activities within the administration during the spring
- The new managerial roles in education administration and economy were formed and started their work supporting the managers.
- The LTV administration continued its systematic work on working environment and equal terms issues.
- A review of the departmental support within Economy/HR and GU was also conducted during the spring.
As you can see, there is always a lot happening at SLU in Alnarp – wonderful!
Now, however, it is time to rest and recharge during what we hope will be a warm and sunny summer, in order to approach the autumn term with renewed energy.
Towards new challenges
Personally, after the summer, I will remain at the LTV Faculty and in Alnarp until August 18th before starting a position as Administrative Director at MAX IV at Lund University. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your excellent collaboration during my nearly 12 years as Head of Faculty Administration at LTV.
SLU, the LTV Faculty, and Alnarp will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope to see you in the future.
With best regards