Bir is a joint body for the university management, the faculties and the library.
The Library Council has the following tasks:
- Be a joint body for the university management, faculties and library with the task of handling all strategic issues concerning the library’s activities.
- Work for a first-class and resource-effective library service for the whole university.
- Formulate and discuss the library’s tasks at SLU.
- Give viewpoints on decision proposals for the chief librarian, vice-chancellor and faculty boards.
- Submit proposals for the annual fund distribution to the library, both from common funding and from the faculty boards.
- Regularly follow up on the library’s activities and budget.
The Library Council consists of:
- The deputy vice-chancellor (chair)
- The head of university administration
- From each faculty: one member or deputy member of the faculty board, or a vice dean
- One or more members appointed by Sluss
Faculty representatives are appointed for three years by the vice-chancellor after suggestions made by the deans. Faculty representatives take up their duties three months at the latest after the newly-elected faculty boards have taken office.
Council members 2022
- Pär Forslund, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, chair
- Johan Dicksved, VH Faculty
- Anders Kvarnheden, NJ Faculty
- Åsa Lankinen, LTV Faculty
- Torgny Näsholm, S Faculty
- Lotta Höglund, Vice-Chair of Sluss
- Mats Gyllin, LTV Faculty for Åsa Lankinen
- Vacant, NJ Faculty for Anders Kvarnheden
- Vilis Brukas, S Faculty for Torgny Näsholm
- Ingrid Ljungvall, VH Faculty for Johan Dicksved
- Linda Vidlund, SLU University Library
- Kitte Dahrén, SLU University Library, Bir's secretary