Staff at SLU
- see their own role and their tasks in relation to SLU as a whole
- are aware of and contribute to SLU’s vision and mission
- take responsibility for their decisions and actions
- are loyal to agreements and decisions
- focus on solutions and possibilities rather than problems
- are open to and contribute to new ideas, change and development
- are fellow human beings who see, care about and help each other
- treat others with respect and embrace diversity
- are honest and can give straight and constructive feedback
- are cooperative and a part of the group
- actively contribute to a pleasant and friendly workplace
SLU also has a policy for management values. It describes SLU’s fundamental view on leadership which SLU’s management (vice-chancellor and Management Group) use to characterise management at the university.
Staff development review
All staff members at SLU shall annually have a prepared and structured discussion with their supervisor about their project and their potential to succeed in it.