The aim of this call is to support SLU researchers or other staff to engage with SIANI-SLU Global and communicate research. The funding is for activities to be implemented during autumn 2022.
Activities within the, by SIANI (Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative), prioritized themes sustainable food systems, biodiversity and inclusion of youth are encouraged. The activities should relate to low and/or middle-income countries or regions.
What is SIANI?
SIANI is an open and inclusive Sida funded network that supports and promotes communication, multisector dialogue and action around sustainable food systems. SIANI is collaborating with SLU Global, a unit at the Vice-Chancellor’s Office that supports SLU's work for global development to contribute to Agenda 2030. SIANI is now planning for a fourth phase in 2022-2027.
What can you apply for?
For example, workshops, popular scientific communication (e.g. videos, news stories, blog posts, photo documentation, infographics), scientific communication and seminars.
Who can apply?
The main applicant should be employed at SLU.
How much can you apply for?
Up to SEK 25,000. The funds can be used for staff costs and running costs during 2022. The total amount available for the call is SEK 50,000.
How do you apply?
Write a short proposal answering the questions below (max 1 pages) and send it to email@example.com the latest 14th October 2022.
- What kind of activity is it?
- Who is organizing the activity?
- Who is the target group?
- Why is this activity relevant to the themes sustainable food systems, biodiversity and inclusion of youth (if it is)?
- What is the potential impact for smallholder farmers, small and medium sized enterprises (SME's) or marginalized groups (if relevant)?
- How is the activity involving or targeting policy makers and/or practitioners (if it is)?
- When and how will the activity take place?
- How much money are you applying for?
Proposals will be assessed by a SIANI-SLU Global assessment team that includes several representatives. Conflict of interest will be handled according to SLU guidelines.
- Relevance to the themes sustainable food systems, biodiversity and inclusion of youth will be prioritized
- Potential for impact for smallholder farmers, small and medium sized enterprises (SME's) or marginalized groups
- Involvement of policy makers or practitioners
- Feasibility of the activity
The funds will be transferred to, and managed by, the main applicant's department.
The relevant outputs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2023. SLU Global and SIANI may use the reported material for communication purposes.
For questions regarding the call, please contact: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!