SLU Future Food announces funding for analyses of the EU Farm to Fork strategy
SLU Future Food announces SEK 50,000 each to a maximum of four senior researchers or four groups with a senior researcher as main rapporteur (a total of SEK 200,000) to write analyses of the EU Farm to Fork strategy.
The European Commission's Farm to Fork (F2F) strategy for a fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system is a visionary approach to creating ecologically, economically and socially sustainable food production and consumption.
What does the strategy want to achieve?
- Sustainable food production
- Sustainable consumption, healthy eating habits
- Food security
- Sustainable, fair and honest trade, processing, restaurants, etc.
- Reduced losses of food raw materials and reduced food waste
In these areas, SLU has unique competence and SLU Future Food wants to show that SLU is brave enough to address the complex interactions and goal conflicts in the EU strategy and that SLU works systems-oriented and spreads gathered insights and knowledge.
Identify complex challenges that need to be addressed, goal conflicts and possible synergies based on F2F. Discuss and summarize these in a report in Swedish or English in a text that is understandable to people who are not experts in the field.
- A brief and clear description of the angle of attack and why it is an important link between F2F and the development towards sustainable food systems (a maximum of 1 A4, Times New Roman 12 p, simple line spacing, normal margins). We do not consider applications that do not adhere to the specified format.
- Include the name and title of the applicant(s).
- Send the application to email@example.com no later than 30 September 2020.
- The report (adhering to the “Task” above) is sent to SLU Future Food 16 December 2020 at the latest. The report should be comprised of a maximum of 10 pages including a 2-page summary (A4 format, Times New Roman 12 p, simple line spacing, normal margins).
- Those who have had their applications approved undertake to participate in a couple of interdisciplinary workshops/webinars in 2021.
Only researchers active at SLU can apply for this grant.
We reserve the right to select applications in order to get a spread on the subject areas/angles that are addressed.