Now you can apply for seed money from SLU Future Food to write applications to Formas, Vetenskapsrådet and SLF.
SLU Future Food will grant 50 000 SEK each to ca ten applications for seed money. For two of these applications, priority will be given to projects on insects for human consumption or insects as feed to livestock.
Seed money for writing applications apply to the following calls (please note that the deadline for submission below refers to the final date for applying for seed money from SLU Future Food):
- Formas: Årliga öppna utlysningen - Forsknings- och utvecklingsprojekt, deadline April 5
- Formas: Nationella forskningsprogrammet för livsmedel: Forskningsprojekt, deadline April 5
- Formas: Nationella forskningsprogrammet för livsmedel: Proof-of-Concept projekt, deadline April 5
- Vetenskapsrådet: Bidrag till tvärvetenskapliga forskningsmiljöer, deadline May 2 maj
- Stiftelsen lantbruksforskning (SLF): Öppna utlysningen 2018 Steg 1, deadline May 2
The application must be completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on the respective closing date (please see above) at the latest.
What do we mean by interdisciplinary research?
Multi- inter-, and transdisciplinary research is here defined as research that comprises theory, method or research approaches from more than one scientific discipline or fields of research. In multidisciplinary research the different theories, methods or approaches are used side by side, and in interdisciplinary research they are, at least to some extent, integrated. Transdisciplinary research is distinguished in its recognition and inclusion of other types of knowledge than scientific knowledge, such as practice and experience based knowledge and knowhow.