Organiser: SLU Water Forum and Grants Office
Last signup date: 31 January 2023
Are you in need of a collaboration partner for your planned project? – Boost your application through stakeholder collaboration!
Stakeholder involvement and collaboration is becoming more important and even required in many applications for research grants from national and international funding bodies. Dept. of Aquatic resources, SLU Water Forum and Grants Office invite all researcher at SLU working on water related issues to a match-making workshop with non-academic stakeholders.
We will together with invited stakeholders give an overview of relevant national research strategies and agendas. Following this, there will be opportunities for stakeholders in thematic groups to pitch their view and need concerning knowledge gaps in practices, and areas where more research is needed for them to implement solutions and make informed decisions.
The workshop will center around two current Formas calls, “Blue Innovation- Implementation Projects” and “The links between climate change, water and biodiversity”.
Preliminary suggestions of thematic groups. They can change depending on how many and which researchers and stakeholders that will participate:
- Groundwater, sewage, eutrophication and hazardous substances
- Water in the landscape and modified water bodies (wetlands, nature-based solutions, hydropower)
- Digitalisation, automation and AI
- Protection and human impact on ecosystem function, resilience, biodiversity
- Fishing, aquaculture and multi-use of water resources
- Management and governance
- Possibly other group after suggestions
15-15.10 Welcome and short information about Swedish research strategies and Formas calls
15.10-15.25 Water research at SLU and knowledge needs perspectives from SLU
15.30-16.20 Match-making in thematic breakout rooms
16.20-16.30 Wrap-up and how do we proceed?