Client Camera Surveillance Guide (ACS)
To gain access to the Axis Camera Station system and intended cameras, as well as install software, visit the support page for camera surveillance
Start the client by opening Axis Camera Station
The client is set to log the current user on the computer into the system.
When you are logged in, you get by default three tabs in the upper left corner: Live View, Recordings and Configuration. You can add more tabs, such as Smart Search, by clicking the plus sign.
Under the Live View tab, you can see and control the cameras to which you are authorized.
To control the camera view, you can:
- click on an area in the image, to point the camera there
- click and draw an area with the mouse pointer, which focuses the view on that area
- move the mouse pointer to the center of the image and click and drag to control the camera view freely
To zoom, you can:
- move the mouse pointer to the center of the image and scroll
- select an area with the mouse pointer, to zoom in on that area
- Link to video guide for camera control
Search and review recorded material
Under the Recordings tab, you can review and search recorded material from the cameras to which you have access.
Select the camera on which you want to review the material and play back. Unless otherwise agreed, you can review material no more than 7 days back in time.
- Click and drag in the timeline to jump forward and backward in time.
- Scroll over the timeline to Zoom in and out
- Click the play button to play / pause
- If you have previously started a manual recording, the advice will be highlighted in yellow
- If activity triggers are activated, these areas will be marked in red in the timeline to illustrate periods that may be of interest to review. You can also use the Smart Search function according to the guide below
- Right-click on the timeline to export materials or add bookmarks.
- You can also select an area in the recording for export by the icon and then click on the export icon on the right, which opens a new window for the export tool.
- Link to video guide for exporting materials in ACS