How to best prevent the spread of Covid-19 at SLU Umea
SLU follows the Public Health Agency's advice and updated information from SLU to employees can be found here: https://internt.slu.se/en/organisation--styrning/information-about-corona/corona-information-advice-faq-employees/ and to students here: https://student.slu.se/en/study-support/emergencies-and-incidents/information-about-the-coronavirus/study/ (see also clipped below).
In order to reduce the spread of covid-19 and make those who need to be at SLU feel safe in being on the premises, we ask everyone to respect the following:
• Those who can work from home are requested to do so, since it becomes more airy in the workplace for those who have to be there. You must, however, talk to your boss about this and jointly decide that it is OK.
- Once at the workplace, we keep our distance from each other and wash our hands. Hand alcohol will be on display in the premises and distance markings will be set up to the places where queuing can occur. Protective screens will be set up at the IT and service center.
- The number of chairs in the staff canteen and at Hansson and Hammar has been reduced to the half amount, to highlight the importance of keeping distance. Other places where there are seats (eg patios, meeting rooms, libraries, etc.) keep a person's distance from each other.
- The staff kitchen on the 3rd floor (Dungen) has for a long time, especially during lunchtime, been cramped, and not at all covid-secured. During the autumn, we will take the opportunity to rebuild the kitchen, which means that, for a period of 2 months the kitchen will not be available. There will still be access to coffee machines, refrigerators, water, microwaves, etc. More information about how we solve this comes in separate information.
- A maximum of 4 people at the same time can stay in the student kitchen, placed beside Hansson and Hammar.
- To reduce the number of large gatherings at lunchtime, everyone is encouraged to plan meetings so that the lunchtime varies between 11-13. This also applies to the scheduling for students.
- A maximum of 4 people may be in the gym at the same time.
- Some toilets in Skogishuset have been closed so the cleaning team has time to clean the open toilets more often. The hope is that the staff density will remain at a relatively low level so that we can continue with it, but if necessary more toilets will of course be opened (contact Maria Renberg if more toilets need to be opened).
- Some group rooms have been closed, but these will be opened up so we have the opportunity to spread out more.
Specific information sent out to our students (info from the web):
We have opened up the campus again for teaching and studying, but due to the coronavirus, some adaptions are necessary.
To enable us to maintain distancing, online teaching will continue to be an important component of your education. You will find information on what applies to your course on the course page or in the Canvas room for your course.
To minimize the risk of the virus spreading on campus, we have adapted the study environment in several ways. This includes rearranging furniture in classrooms and other spaces to allow social distancing, signs and stickers on the floor to remind people to keep their distance and hand sanitiser stations in shared spaces.
Some important points!
- If possible, walk or cycle to campus. If you have to use public transport, keep your distance to others.
- Stay at home if you are unwell, even if you only experience mild symptoms.
- If you are unwell, you should get tested for covid-19. Read more about the test in our FAQ below.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face before you’ve washed your hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your arm or elbow, or use a paper tissue.
We want all students and staff at SLU to feel safe on campus. We are all responsible for respecting and keeping ourselves updated on the guidelines issued by the Public Health Agency of Sweden and SLU to minimize the spread of the virus.
SLU's study guidance is happy to help you if you have thoughts about your studies or your study situation. You can book a digital call or visit our digital drop-in via Zoom. https://student.slu.se/en/study-support/study-support/study-and-career-advice/