In the context of the BMBF project “DINA - Diversity of Insects in
Nature protected Areas” NABU (Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union) is seeking immediately a full-time
Biodiversity Data Scientist who does the data mining and data
profiling, modelling, analyses with support of correlative statistical
methods and visualisation.
The project “DINA - Diversity of Insects in Nature protected Areas” aims at
· analysing insect biodiversity in selected German nature reserves (NSG), in correlation with important environmental variables
· identifying possible causes of its decline
· exploring potentials of stakeholder participation for integrated, cross-sectoral decision-making
· providing evidence-based policy recommendations for more effective biodiversity preservation. We will investigate our raised questions by data mining and data profiling, modelling, analyses with support of correlative statistical methods and visualization
The tasks of the Biodiversity Data Scientist:
· develop/implement tools for managing data according to the scope of the project
· contribute to the conceptual development of a data visualisation and analysis tool
· communicate with the other consortium partners
· support the data management
For more information click here.