New license model for Adobe's software from 26 September 2019
The changes affect all Adobe software, including Acrobat Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
SLU has signed a new license agreement with Adobe, which the Division of IT will activate on 26 September 2019. The agreement means that:
- All SLU users will have free access to Acrobat Pro.
- Adobe's full CCE suite of different design programs now costs SEK 50 / month to rent.
Adobe goes from licensing computers to licensing individual users, so-called Named User licensing. This has both advantages and disadvantages, but it is not something that Swedish higher education institutions can influence.
What will the new Adobe license mean?
- As a user you have the right to install the programmes on two computers, but must be logged in with your SLU Enterprise ID, i.e. your SLU account, in the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.
- You can now install a set of the programmes you are entitled to on your private computer as well.
- You will need to have the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application installed on your computer and be logged in with your SLU account.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is like a control panel for the various Adobe applications you have access to.
What happens on 26 September?
On 26 September, the Division of IT will activate you as a user in the agreement, and you will receive a welcoming email from Adobe. Please ignore this email.
NB: You need to follow the Division of IT's instructions below, and not the instructions in Adobe's email!
- On the web page Adobe campus agreement you can download CCE Complete. Or you can contact the IT support.
- Here you can read the pdf Get started with the new Adobe agreement.
Will my old Adobe programmes stop working on 26 September?
No, they will continue to work for a while, but the licenses will expire during this autumn, so it is best to switch to the new agreement directly.
If you have any questions, plaease contact the IT support (IT-stöd) or your local IT coordinator.