My research focuses on environmental pollutants and their impact on the environment. During my PhD I studied PFAS and their biotransfer from aquatic to terrestrial ecosystems. Now I assess pesticides as they occur in the field and their direct and indirect impact on non-target organisms (i.e. aquatic bioiflm and invertebrate communities or pollinators). Additionally, I explore assessment criteria for ecological impacts of pesticides for environmental risk assessment (ERA).
- A field study that combines pesticide concentration in aquatic invertebrates and biofilm, pesticide application data, taxonomic data as well as biolgical indexes to assess impact of pesticides on aquatic communities.
- A field study in which we investigate changes in aquatic biofilm community composition throughout a whole pesticide application period.
- The European Partnership for the Assessment of Risks from Chemicals (PARC) aims to advance research, share knowledge, and improve skills in chemical risk assessment. My involvment is in project 6.4.4. Risk assessment to support and promote efficient overall protection of biodiversity.
- Reducing pesticide transport from agricultural drainage systems using biofilters
- Invloment in CKB´s pollinator project AirBeeSafe and other collaboration with Lund University.
Pollinators’ exposure to pesticides via pollen, nectar and air in the agricultural landscape (report in Swedish), SLU Centre for Pesticides in the Environment, pulished: 12/22/2022
Quantification of Biodriven Transfer of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances from the Aquatic to the Terrestrial Environment via Emergent Insects, Environmental Science and Technology (ES&T), 2021
Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl-Contaminated Freshwater Impacts Adjacent Riparian Food Webs, Environmental Science and Technology (ES&T), 2020
Pharmaceuticals in source separated sanitation systems: Fecal sludge and blackwater treatment, Science of The Total Environment, 2019
Point source characterization of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) and extractable organofluorine (EOF) in freshwater and aquatic invertebrates, Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, 2019
Towards a comprehensive analytical workflow for the chemical characterisation of organofluorine in consumer products and environmental samples, TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 2019