Call for applications to SLU's Interdisciplinary Academy (IDA)
The Interdisciplinary Academy (IDA) is a programme where You, being a researcher at SLU, is offered the opportunity to collaborate across disciplinary boundaries on complex issues in the broad field of green transformation.
The second call for applications to SLU's Interdisciplinary Academy (IDA) is now open.
The call welcomes groups of 5-7 researchers (maximum 12 in total) who are employed at SLU, regardless of faculty affiliation or subject specialisation, to submit proposals for themes that consist of questions about a scientific problem area of a complex nature and that need a cross-disciplinary approach to be managed and develop solustions. For example, a theme may concern sustainable land and water use; animal husbandry and its relationship with humans; land for forestry, food production, carbon sequestration, or biodiversity; global food security or digitalization for the green transition on an increasingly urbanized planet. The theme can be focused on scientific challenges in Sweden or other parts of the world.
The group(s) that are awarded grants develop the theme's questions together for eight months (25 October 2023-30 June 2024). IDA's program manager Marie Stenseke will offer support and inspiration to the groups during the project period.
The project period ends with a forward-looking activity with an emphasis on future questions and continued research in the field.
The last day to apply to IDA 2023-2024 is June 1, 2023.
Read more about the call and how to apply here
Read more about the Interdisciplinary Academy (IDA) here
Information and inspiration events for applicants
For support and inspiration in the application work, several information webinars will be held:
- 29 March 2023, at 12:05–12:45: The call from the Interdisciplinary Academy at SLU – information and Q&A
- 19 April 2023, at 12:05–13:30: The call from the Interdisciplinary Academy at SLU – match making and Q&A
- 26 April 2023, at 12:05–13:30: Inspiration for joining the Interdisciplinary Academy at SLU with Marie Stenseke, program manager of IDA and a couple of partcipants in IDA 2022-2023.
- 3 May 2023, at 12:05–13:30: The call from the Interdisciplinary Academy at SLU – match making and Q&A
- 10 May 2023, at 12:05–13:00: The call from the Interdisciplinary Academy at SLU – information and Q&A
You will find more information about webinars on interdisciplinarity and links to registration here.