In January 2020 we welcomed a new staff member, Senior Lecturer Shon Ferguson. And we want to get to know him better!
1. Why did you apply for a position at the department of economics?
- I applied for a position here because I liked the research focus of the department, and I wanted to work more on ag/environment topics.
2. Who will you be working with and what projects will you be involved in?
- I will be working with Rob on UNISECO, a European research project about the development and implementation of agro-ecological practices in EU farming systems. I will also be working with Helena Hansson and Lisa Höglind on an interdisciplinary project titled "Impacts of animal welfare legislation on the farm economy across EU countries". I will also be involved a bit in an EU project with Yves Surry called BATMAN (Better Agri-food Trade Modelling for Agri-food policy aNalysis). I am also starting several new projects with people outside of SLU.
3. Quick questions:
- Tablet or computer?
Computer (my kids have taken over my tablets)
- Intelligent or funny?
More intelligent than funny I think...
- Morning person or night owl?
- City or country side?
- What is your best childhood memory?
Harvest time on my parents' farm. Riding in tractors, grain trucks, staying up late.