The NJ Faculty Board met on 8 June. Here is a summary of the decisions taken at the meeting
- Magnus Karlsson, professor of plant pathology, Department of Forest Mycology and Plant Pathology
- Irena Creed, guest professor of environmental assessment, Department of Aquatic Science and Assessment
- Klara Fischer, senior lecturer in environmental communication, Department of Urban and Rural Development
- Promotion from associate senior lecturer to senior lecturer: Mohammad Bahram, Alistar Auffret and Salim Bourras.
Wallenberg Academy Fellow – associate senior lecturers
Simon Stael and Derek Lundberg have, in tough competition, been awarded a 5-year grant from the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (KAW) and the title of Wallenberg Academy Fellow (WAF).
The faculty board has decided to recommend that Simon Stael and Derek Lundberg be employed as associate senior lecturers in plant biochemistry and plant biology respectively and to finance these posts as per the vice-chancellor’s instructions. The faculty board also decided that after the promotion, funds will be allocated to the departments corresponding to the amount allocated to other departments for staff promoted to senior lecturer, after a deduction of any central funding linked to the KAW grant.
Modelling assignment and promotion of two researchers to senior lecturers
The faculty board has decided to task the Department of Ecology and the Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment with offering support to SLU researchers in the form of modelling competence. This is a fixed-term assignment that will be evaluated and may become permanent.
The faculty board’s decision is expected to increase clarity regarding this resource. Furthermore, the decision means that the two researchers concerned may have the opportunity to be employed as senior lecturers with the funding to go with it.
Acting head of subject for genetics
The faculty board has decided to appoint Adrian Sicard, senior lecturer at the Department of Plant Biology, acting head of subject for genetics from 1 July 2022 until no later than 30 June 2023.
Adrian Sicard has been responsible for the subject field genetics at the Department of Plant Biology since October 2020. That appointment expires on 30 June 2022.
Members of the NJ Faculty’s academic appointments board 2022–2025
The faculty board has decided to appoint the following members of the NJ Faculty’s academic appointments board from 1 July 2022 until no later than 30 June 2025:
- Torleif Härd (chair)
- Seema Arora Jonsson, Department of Urban and Rural Development
- Sara Hallin, Department of Forest Mycology and Plant Pathology
- Rob Hart, Department of Economics
- a 5th member will be appointed by Sluss for 1 year.
- Anna Gårdmark, Department of Aquatic Resources
- Björn Lindahl, Department of Soil and Environment
- Tomas Pärt, Department of Ecology
- one further group deputy to be appointed at the next faculty board meeting
- one personal deputy appointed by Sluss.
Situation analyses for programmes evaluated in 2022
As stated in the quality audit plan for undergraduate and Master’s programmes at SLU, the situation analyses for Soil, Water and Environment and Rural Development and Natural Resource Management were discussed and approved at the PN-NJ meeting on 1 June. As part of the faculty’s quality audit procedure, the analyses had first been referred to the faculty board for its opinion.
The faculty board decided to endorse the programme board’s assessment of the analyses, which were then submitted to the Board of Education.