Support for researchers
Here you can find information for researchers at SLU.
The page is administrated by the university's web team, with information collected from the staff web and from SLU's external web.
If important information is missing, or if you find broken links, please contact the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the content of the specific pages, please contact the page editor for each page!
Archiving of research materials | Competitive intelligence | Doctoral education | Ethical questions | Funding and finances | Geographical IT | Information retrieval | Infrastructure | Language support | Legal questions | Patents and commercialisation of research results | Publishing | Research careers | Research facilities | Researcher mobility | Social life / Cultural exchange | Statistics support | Provide the proper SLU address when publishing
- Manual for managing research material, with quick reference guides and more.
- Records and archives management
Information on competitive intelligence - on how to systematically gather and analyse factors in the competitive environment that is of importance for the organisation or the research project: Library, competitive intelligence
Doctoral education at SLU : doctoral degree outcomes, rules, regulations, guidelines and contact persons.
- Animal experimentation at SLU (in Swedish only)
- Ethical review - animals: Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Ethical review - humans: Central Ethical Review Board
- Scientific misconduct and plagiarism: SLU's guidelines on scientific misconduct
- Financial administration at SLU
- Research funding; Calls for proposals, consulting, general assistance with applications and contracts, etc
- Status reports on project finances
Consultations, software assistance, courses etc: GIS support
Courses and seminars on information retrieval, competitive intelligence, etc.: Library, research support.
- List of research insfrastructure available at SLU (at present in Swedish)
- SLU grants for infrastructure
Find the SLU language policy and many useful tips and tools for writers on the language pages.
Free assistance with questions related to cooperation with industry, patents, contracts, business law and financing: SLU Holding
The scientific publication process, open access, parallel publication, bibliometrics:
- Open access
- SLU's publication database
- E-publication at SLU
- Publishing strategy
- Bibliometrics - background, scope of use etc.
SLU’s career ladder, guidelines for admission of docent (reader/associate professor) and advancement.: Academic career (in Swedish)
A page describing SLU’s research facilities (such as animal and field experiment facilities, advanced lab equipment, biological specimen banks, environmental data, etc.) has been constructed in Swedish. An English verision will be published as soon as possible. In the meantime, the Swedish list can be found on https://internt.slu.se/en/research-education-ema/research/research-infrastructure/.
- SLU Biobank
- SITES - five research stations at SLU out of nine
- Swedish metabolomics
- Svedish Lifewatch
- Uppsala Biocentre
- Plant cultivation facilitiy, Department of Ecology and Biocentre
- Facilities at the Department of Aquatic Resources
- Fisheries Research Station, Älvkarleby
- Molecular laboratory, Ecology centre
- Lövsta, Swedish Livestock Research Centre
- VHC (Centre for Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, linked page in Swedish)
- The research fellowship programme Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions
- Staff exchange as part of the programmes Erasmus and NordPlus
- Special support for international researchers, doctoral students and host departments at SLU is being established at the HR division during the autumn of 2016.
- Families for International Friendship. FIF is a voluntary, non-political organisation which arranges contacts between guest researchers at Uppsala University/SLU and the residents of Uppsala.
- Guidance in statistical and mathematical issues is provided for SLU employees by the Centre for Statistics.