Routines for handling CryoPal liquid nitrogen containers have been updated:
- Table of the containers characteristics such as weight when empty, total capacity of liquid nitrogen, evaporation ratio etc.
- Cleaning the outside of the container especially when been used in different animal facilities.
- If liquid nitrogen containers must be transported with elevators it is forbidden to be in the elevator at the same time as the container!
- The filled liquid nitrogen containers must be transported in vehicles that have a sealed partition between the driver and compartment where the containers are, e.g. van and or a trailer.
- The vehicle must also be equipped with a fire extinguisher upon transportation.
If there are questions contact the head of the lab, Astrid Gumucio