We now have a decision (in Swedish) by the Head of Department on the development of the laboratory at HUV.
Here a brief summary of the decision:
- that method development should be primarily driven by researchers but with support from the analytical laboratory,
- doctoral/post-doctoral students initially perform analyses included in their project to gain practical knowledge of the different analyses but with the support of the analytical laboratory staff,
- creating lab stations to facilitate analyses by students, postgraduates and research staff,
- that the invoicing of analyses changes from being mainly price per sample to a clearer division into labour and material costs,
- to appoint (ca 10 % of time) and co-finance a researcher to support the analysis laboratory,
- that research staff submitting samples for analysis should specify the project number and a clear deadline so that the laboratory can plan and carry out analyses and deliver results in a timely manner.