On this page you find training and information events about external funding coming up in the near future as well as some links to well know providers of good training events.
The language below indicates in which language the event will be held. If yor are working on a large (> 10 M SEK) applications you may apply for training and information support to partly fund a course or meeting.
Training cources organised by the Grants Office
- Application economy for project financial administrators.
The course is about external funding with a focus on SLU-common routines and tools in the work of applying for external grants. The course will be held in Swedish.
- Formas application discussion
Improve your application to Formas by discussing it in a group of 3-5 people under the guidance of a person with solid application experience. Draft applications are discussed (approx. 40 minutes per application) in groups of 3-5 applicants and an experienced supervisor. The supervisors are not expected to be subject matter experts but discussion leaders with experience in writing applications. Prior to the discussion, the applicants share their draft applications (research plan in English in a word file) with the others in the group no later than one week before the discussion. The discussions will take place one day during the period 30/3 to 6/4 2022.
- Formas open call: Information/Workshop
Information and tips for Formas open call. During the day you will receive relevant information and initiated tips and advice on how to design and write your Formas application by experts from Grants Office and other parts of SLU. Time and place: Zoom, 11 March, 09-12 2022.
- ERC - Information and Q&A
An open information and Q&A session, focused on the upcoming ERC calls. To provide key information about funding from the ERC and an opportunity for you to ask your questions, Caroline Grabbe and Ninad Bondre, research coordinators at the SLU Grants Office, invites you to an open information and Q&A session, focused on the upcoming calls. Meet us on Zoom on 16 February 13:00-14:30 2022.
- Workshop – Developing a compelling VR grant proposal
In this interactive workshop, Ninad Bondre and Caroline Grabbe, (research coordinators at the SLU Grants Office) will delve into VR’s guidelines, expectations and evaluation criteria, and provide tips and techniques for developing strong proposals. The workshop is open for researchers at all levels and especially those who are considering applying in 2022. The workshop will be delivered via Zoom from 9:00 to 12:00 on 15 February 2022.
Exemples of external training course organisers
- Europa Media Horizon 2020 Proposal Development, FP7 & H2020 Project Management and Financial Reporting, FP7 and Horizon 2020 Master of Finance and Administration, Project Development, Technical Management, Financial Management
- Finance Helpdesk Project Management, Financial, Financial Marie Curie, European Research Council (ERC), Research for the benefit of SMEs, Proposal development
- Hyperion How to Write a Competitive Proposal for Horizon 2020, How to Write the Impact of a Horizon 2020 Proposal, Proposal Clinics (Writing the Abstract and Impact), How to Present R&D Activities to Business Executives, Public Officials and Politicians
- Yellow Research H2020 Marie Sklodowska Curie ITN proposals, Marie Curie – Individual Fellowships, Writing Successful ERC Grant proposals, Consolidator Grants: ERC Interview Training, ERC Starting Grants: Interview Training, Writing successful collaborative projects Pillars 2 and 3, Marie Curie Project Management