Information from Admissions
The Admissions Unit works with admissions to SLU's courses and programmes at Bachelor's and Master's level and assesses entry requirements for doctoral education. Here you will find the answers to some common questions about admissions that we hope will help you in your work
Illustrator: Peter Lindberg
If you cannot find the answer to your question or you have any other thoughts, please do not hesitate to contact us. You will find contact details in the right-hand column.
Frequently asked questions
- Why can't a student apply for a course within a programme?
- Does a former exchange student at SLU who is now applying for a programme through www.universityadmissions.se need to send in any documents?
- An applicant has made an application, so why can we not find him/her in Ladok?
- The course has started but we still have spaces left. Why has the applicant been placed on a waiting list?
- Why are admitted students not in Ladok?
- We have a waiting list applicant in Ladok who we now want to admit – can Admissions help us with that?
- How do we know that a late admission or a waiting list applicant has been added on a course?
- Does admissions remove conditions in Ladok?
- Can you help us to register a student?
1. Why can't a student apply for a course within a programme?
Degree programme students who want to apply for a course within the programme should go to the tab "Log in" at universityadmissions.se and select the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences under the heading "Are you already a student?". If a student is unable to find their course, this may be because the course is not linked to the student's programme or because information regarding the student's programme admission has not been transferred from Ladok to the joint admission database for higher education in Sweden for some reason. Ask the student to contact Admissions for help.
2. Does a former exchange student at SLU who is now applying for a programme through www.universityadmissions.se need to send in any documents?
Yes! When applying via www.universityadmissions.se, a student must also follow the instructions to submit qualifications showing that they meet the entry requirements to Antagningsservice, FE 20102, 839 87 Östersund.
3. An applicant has made an application, so why can we not find him/her in Ladok?
It normally takes four working days from making a late application via www.universityadmissions.se to the student being admitted or placed on a waiting list in Ladok. There may be exceptions to this, for example applicants with foreign upper secondary school or academic qualifications.
4. The course has started but we still have spaces left. Why has the applicant been placed on a waiting list?
All qualified applicants who submit a late application more than two weeks after the start of the course will be placed on a waiting list. This is because it is hard for us to know whether it is still possible for them to start the course. If you have places left and you want to admit a waiting list applicant, you simply need to do so. Remember that you must admit waiting list applicants in strict order of priority according to the waiting list.
5. Why are admitted students not in Ladok?
Admitted students and those on a waiting list are normally transferred from the joint admission database for higher education in Sweden to Ladok no later than two weeks after the final selection has been made. This transfer is performed manually, so the exact date is determined by Admissions and may vary from year to year. Students admitted for the autumn semester are transferred in mid-August and those for the spring semester in mid-January.
6. We have a waiting list applicant in Ladok who we now want to admit – can Admissions help us with that?
No. If there is a waiting list applicant in Ladok who is to be admitted, the Ladok reporter at the department is responsible for selecting the waiting list applicant as admitted.
7. How do we know that a late admission or a waiting list applicant has been added on a course?
A contact person at each department will receive an email when an admission or waiting list applicant has been added in Ladok. To add or change a contact person, please contact Admissions at email@example.com.
8. Does Admissions remove conditions in Ladok?
Admissions only removes conditions for admissions to programmes at Master's level or where payment conditions have been met (sv).
9. Can Admissions help us to register a student?
No. Unfortunately Admissions does not have the authority to register students.