Forms and check-lists
Here you will find forms used in doctoral education.
- Instructions for interviews
- Letter of acknowledgement
- Admission of a new doctoral student - application from the student
- Recommendation of admission of a new doctoral student - application from the department to the faculty board
- Crediting of courses (you use this form if you would like to credit course on first or second level, or a course taken before admission to doctoral education)
- Approval of doctoral course syllabus
- Template for doctoral course evaluation
- Template evaluation of education activity
- Travel grants for SLU courses and Nova courses
- Approval of course in doctoral degree (VH-faculty, use this form if you would like to have an approval in advance - before sending in the application for public defence)
Template for doctoral student registration of actual period of study
With the help of an SLU-approved template the doctoral student continually registers the type and extent of activities not included in the program but conducted in parallel with the doctoral program. Download a copy of the template and enter editing mode.
Recommended procedure for calculating the actual period of study
- Activities included in doctoral courses and programmes are stated in the ISP.
- The doctoral student enters, with the help of an SLU-approved template (only available in Swedish) (see appendix), the type and extent of activities performed that are not included in their studies but which are carried out in parallel with these.
- The doctoral education administrator at the department or equivalent provides the principal supervisor with instructions, Ladok excerpts and the Ladok report form in ample time before every six-month Ladok report.
- The principal supervisor and doctoral student review how much time has been spent on their courses and programmes during the past six months. This is done by reviewing the doctoral student's personal records and other relevant information regarding sick leave, etc. When they have reached a consensus, they both sign the Ladok report.
- The head of department reviews and approves the Ladok report for registration. If the principal supervisor and the doctoral student do not reach a consensus, the head of department decides on the actual period of study in their place.
- An authorised Ladok administrator registers the Ladok report.
Defence of thesis/Application for degree
- Conflict of interest declaration
- Application for defence of thesis/licentiate seminar
- Pre-examination minutes compilation thesis
- Information before dissertation (VH faculty)
- Checklist for thesis defence application (VH faculty)
- Approval of course in doctoral degree (VH-faculty)
- Examining committee minutes
- You apply for your degree using Ladok for students