Thesis publication and announcement
All doctoral theses at SLU must be published electronically in the Epsilon open archive (Vice-Chancellor's decision, Journal No. SLU ua 18.9-2650/02). Please see the Library's instructions for theses publication for more details.
Here you can find the SLU template for doctoral thesis.
Has your thesis work has produced results which should be made available to society through market-based products and services? Waht does it take to bring the knowledge you have created from the university to society, where it could be a great and positive influence on peoples life?
Developing research results or an idea into a marketable product or service takes time, and must be done before it is published in a scientific context. SLU Holding offers support for innovation projects in all stages of development - please contact them for more information (link in the right-hand column).
Contact the media
Do you want to
- make your thesis available in a popular-science format;
- contact media in connection with your defense;
- present your thesis on the SLU website?
Please contact the Division of Communication for more information.
Check-list for public display (spikning)!
- The thesis should be printed 3 weeks before the public defence at the latest, (the day of public display of the thesis).
- Your thesis should also be published electronically 3 weeks before the public defence (on the day of public display).
- NJ- faculty: On the day of public display it is your responsibility that 3 copies of the thesis are available at the SLU library in Uppsala and 1 copy at the Registrar office, Box 7070, 750 07 Uppsala.
- VH-faculty: On the day of public display it is your responsibility that 4 copies of the thesis are available at the SLU library in Uppsala and 1 copy at the Registrar office, Box 7070, 750 07 Uppsala.
- S-faculty: On the day of public display it is your responsibility that 4 copies of the thesis are available at the Registrator office, SLU, 901 83 Umeå. Also it is your responsibility that on the day of public display 5 copies of the thesis are available at the library at the campus where the dissertation takes place.
- LTV faculty: Repro Alnarp will handle the sending out of theses for doctoral students at the LTV faculty.