Mission, vision, values and objectives
SLU develops the understanding and sustainable use and management of biological natural resources.
This is achieved by research, education and environmental monitoring and assessment, in collaboration with the surrounding community.
SLU is a world-class university in the fields of life and environmental sciences.
Values for SLU
SLU values express the organisation's common fundamental values. These provide guidance in everyday life, by describing what the starting point for you actiivity is, for contacts with the outside world, and how we behave towards each other and others. All SLU employees are included in these values.The fundamental values are:
- scientific approach
In addition to these four fundamental values, there are six fundamental principles:
- objectivity, factuality and equal treatment
- free formation of opinions
- efficiency and service.
Read more about the SLU values (pdf).
Overall strategic objectives
- SLU is an attractive and stimulating workplace for our current and future employees.
- SLU is an attractive university for students and offers courses and programmes of high quality with societal relevance.
- SLU's researchers have good access to research infrastructure which gives the opportunity for ground-breaking, excellent research.
- SLU's collaboration will benefit society and be appreciated by stakeholders while the quality of our education, research and EMA will be raised.
- Employees and students will have knowledge of and feel commitment to SLU's activities, and take joint responsibility for developing activities.
Read more in the SLU strategy 2017-2020, 16/6/2016.