Read more in the staff magazine Resurs:
Limited services at the library during a system switch
In the middle of February the library will start using a new system for handling loans and access to electronic resources. Switching to the new system means we offer limited services during a few weeks.
Starting at the end of January, data will be migrated from the old system to the new one. This means the library cannot provide services the way we usually do. The following restrictions in our service will apply:
- Interlibrary loans from other libraries will not be handled from 31 January until 15 February. This means that any requests you place during this period will not be submitted to any borrowing library until 18 February, at the earliest. If you have requested an interlibrary loan during the last couple of days you might also have to wait an extra week or so before we can the deliver the item to you.
- Requests and reservations on materials that belong to our library will not be possible during 11- 17 February.
- During the weekend 15-17 February it will not be possible to renew any loans, and therefore we will temporarily disable the possibility to log in to your account in Primo.
It might also be a bit more difficult to find and access electronic resources in Primo during this time. If there is anything that you cannot find, but would assume that we have access to, then please do not hesitate to contact the library for assistance!
New features after the switch
When the new system is in place Primo will have some new features and loans will be handled a little differently. Here are a few examples of new features:
- Automatic renewal – loans will be automatically renewed with a new borrowing period as long as there is no queue, with a maximum total borrowing period of 365 days for books with a 30 day borrowing period and 90 days for text books with an 8 day borrowing period.
- Interlibrary loans in Primo – there will be an empty form that you can use to request interlibrary loans.
- Logging in – as a student or employee you will be able to log into Primo to check your loans using your AD/student credentials.
Please contact the library should you have any questions on our system switch.