Organiser: EJP SOIL
*Expected impacts of EJP SOIL
- Fostering understanding of soil management and its influence on climate change mitigation and adaptation, sustainable agricultural production and environment.
- Understanding how soil-carbon sequestration can contribute to climate change mitigation at the regional level and accounting for carbon.
- Strengthening scientific capacities and cooperation across Europe including training young soil scientists.
- Supporting harmonized European soil information, including for international reporting.
- Fostering the uptake of soil management practices conducive to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Develop and demonstrate region- and context-specific fertilization practices (soil, water and pedoclimatic conditions).